Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Family for the Holidays

Christmas Eve is tomorrow. Bryan and I drove up this Monday to begin the holidays with my family. This is the first Christmas that we all have realized that life is changing. Since mom and dad moved to the Ft. Worth area we will not being doing our usual Christmas Eve and Christmas Day with my granny in Saltillo,TX. We are only able to go Christmas day, since we live farther and time lines are not working out. Cara may only spend part of the holiday with us because she has a new squeeze who she is working on sharing Christmas time with. His name is Tanner and he is a rodeo cowboy. Who ever thought Cara would end up with a guy who does steer wrestling and calf roping almost every weekend. She was the one who always hated getting dirty and messy when we helped out on the farm as kids. Jordan will be with mom and dad only until 2 days after Christmas, because he is driving down to Galveston to meet up with his girlfriend to meet the family at the New Year's party.

Having all these changes is making mom and dad realize that from here on out Christmas will not be the same. They will soon be the grandparents that we go to instead of us all going to our granny's. I know that mom is having a tough time with it. Mom's family is so close. I am the first to really venture out. Jordan has followed suit as well, but luckly Cara is still near all of our family.

The older I get, the more I appreciate the time I get to spend with my family. My siblings and I all have our own lives which makes it very hard to see each other and spend time together. I am in San Antonio with Bryan working on school and trying to start our own family. Cara is in Paris dating Tanner and starting her own path in life away from mom and dad. Jordan is in College Station and is very active in the student life their through his buisness fraternity and his leadership organzation he is a member and mentor in. Not to even mention Bryan's brother who lives in Atlanta. We get to see him when he has to work at a sporting event near us, but other than that we rarely get to spend time with him or his fiancee Lauren.

Christmas is one of the few times in a year that you get to see those that you love and spend time with one another. I love that part the most of all. I am going to end this blog now, so I can go spend some time with my family some more before Christmas is over.

No comments:

About Me

Our Pope Life began the day we got married on July 14th 2007. Bryan and I met in college at Texas Tech University our sophomore year (2002). We became friends long before we started dating on November 14th 2003. Bryan works as a software engineer at USAA and I am a math teacher at Kitty Hawk Middle School in San Antonio,TX. We are establishing our lives together one day at a time.