Friday, November 13, 2009

Diet Frustrations

So I started running seriously again last week. I am trying to get back to be able to run a 5k with Mom the next time she goes to run one. I figure it will help me get back in shape too before Bryan and I start trying for a little one. Well, after a week of running 3 to 4 days and playing in a 2 hour teacher vs student basketball tournament you would think I would drop maybe a pound this week....NOPE....as a matter of fact I gained 3 pounds....I am so confused. The same thing happened last summer. I ran a mile a morning and walked 2 every weekday last summer and ended up gaining 10 pounds over the summer. I am so confused. I see the doctor next month to see if she can help me determine if I have PCOS or not. I am pretty sure I do. I have all the symptoms and have not had a visitor in 5 months. I am just tired of getting discouraged everytime I begin working out and dieting again. It is hard to stay motivated when you see no progress, much less a weight gain.

There is a little humor in all this. One of my students from last year who helps out with organizing my room and that I still tutor after school says that they will start running with me to make sure I don't stop running. That makes me laugh. My students make me laugh. The students I have on the football team even wanted to make sure that I was at the track jogging after school regularly. Who knew that my 7th graders would hold me accountable. Another thing that does keep me focused is my co-teacher. Two of my math classes consist of me and another teacher working together with the students. Lauren, the co-teacher, is one of the major 7th grade girls coaches. She and I often talk about sports, which inspires me to get out there and get back in the groove.

No comments:

About Me

Our Pope Life began the day we got married on July 14th 2007. Bryan and I met in college at Texas Tech University our sophomore year (2002). We became friends long before we started dating on November 14th 2003. Bryan works as a software engineer at USAA and I am a math teacher at Kitty Hawk Middle School in San Antonio,TX. We are establishing our lives together one day at a time.